Monday, July 28, 2008

Poppo


Do you remember playing Trouble and how much fun it was? I sometimes would just keep pushing the clicker just because I liked to get it to pop and shoot the dice up in the air. That's probably why I got pretty excited when I saw this new game called Poppo. You don't get just one popper, you get four and you get them all to yourself. I was in poppin heaven. I played this game at the American Specialty Toy Retailers Association convention back in June and was very excited about all of the possibilities that could be achieved with this new game. The object of the game is to get a word card and then pop out the lettered dice and spell that word. This is a great game that is very active in involving the child and it's a fun way for kids to challenge each other at spelling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad, this sounds like a fun game!

Is it good for all ages? (I'm wondering if it will be a hit with my 12 y/o nephew, or if it is better suited for younger children.)

Glad to see you bloggin'!

xo
Linda

Unknown said...

Friski,

Poppo is best suited for children 4-8. The game cards feature 3 and 4 letter words to be spelled out with the poppos. That being said, the game comes with 8 poppos so 1 player could basically use a game to spell out words up to 8 letters. Kids of all ages have fun popping the poppos until the right letter pops up.

Other games to consider for your 12 y/o nephew that are fun and good for spelling are Smart Mouth and Bananagrams. Thanks for your comment.

Brad